Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just don't go snorkeling with a pound of hamburger in your pocket.

I use to go there to dive and feed the Morays. Never got bit, but was assaulted more than once by a hungry one. Have a great trip. Try to see a Manta Ray.

Just don't go snorkeling with a pound of hamburger in your pocket.

I use to go there to dive and feed the Morays. Never got bit, but was assaulted more than once by a hungry one. Have a great trip. Try to see a Manta Ray.

One of my co- workers suggested i tie some steaks to laura and have her swim a lap or two to see if the coast is clear before i go in :)

My girl friend wanted me to take a few pictures if my tank to share with her students ( special Ed kids ) so I figured I'd go ahead and include them here too,...nothing too exciting or different but we all seem to love getting pictures :)

Attachments

• image-413507994.jpg
    image-413507994.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1185566865.jpg
    image-1185566865.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3462977682.jpg
    image-3462977682.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1899798887.jpg
    image-1899798887.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-619622796.jpg
    image-619622796.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3842852378.jpg
    image-3842852378.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-456133508.jpg
    image-456133508.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2610228713.jpg
    image-2610228713.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3274753249.jpg
    image-3274753249.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image-448305193.jpg
    image-448305193.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image-552232925.jpg
    image-552232925.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 124
Corals look great! You really have a beautiful tank. You really did a great job on the stand. Could use your skills right about now lol.

Attachments

• image-3633228989.jpg
    image-3633228989.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 126
Corals look great! You really have a beautiful tank. You really did a great job on the stand. Could use your skills right about now lol.

You're living.a dream Keith ,.. Enjoy every second ,...think everything out very carefully, cut once and then drink two beers and go back to step #1.....repeat three or four times and you'll end up with a stand just like mine :-/.. When do you anticipate your opening ??

You're living.a dream Keith ,.. Enjoy every second ,...think everything out very carefully, cut once and then drink two beers and go back to step #1.....repeat three or four times and you'll end up with a stand just like mine :-/.. When do you anticipate your opening ??

I'm undecided if its a dream or nightmare. Just kidding. My carpentry skills don't allow for too many beers while working. Plumbing is another story lol. My best guess is I might be ready to start filling tanks in a couple two or three weeks and then water parameters will determine when I can start adding livestock. I got about 200 pounds of live rock cooking up so hopefully I can jump start my cycling a little.

You guys are doing fantastic,....I'm sure you've got a tremendous amount of capital invested already but hopefully I'll all pay off in the long run,.. We've got our fingers crossed for you , just don't let the day to day bs and politics damper your love for the hobby.

You guys are doing fantastic,....I'm sure you've got a tremendous amount of capital invested already but hopefully I'll all pay off in the long run,.. We've got our fingers crossed for you , just don't let the day to day bs and politics damper your love for the hobby.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I hope it does pay off lol. I sure plan on trying to be a glass half full kinda guy. I wish I were headed to the Big Island line you though! Have an awesome trip & enjoy a cold beer on a beautiful warm beach!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I hope it does pay off lol. I sure plan on trying to be a glass half full kinda guy. I wish I were headed to the Big Island line you though! Have an awesome trip & enjoy a cold beer on a beautiful warm beach!!

A little update ., unfortunately, my gf's daughter got herself into some major league trouble the day before our scheduled hawaiian trip (that we had planned out for 10 months) And we had to cancel the trip to deal with this situation.
We spent one agonizing day trying to see if there was any possible way to salvage the trip but due to the severity of the situation it just wasnt feasible, i did manage to cl our airline tickets aprox 12 hours prior to departure and have manage to at least may be able to use them within a year again ( - penalties etc).. The rental car resos were canceled and all money minus twenty five dollars will be returned. The condo on the other hand appears to be a total loss and thats going to be a $2,000+ loss !!!!
Wow., what timing !! Oh well., hawaii will be there next year but due to a teenager NOT thinking of her consequences regarding her actions everyone must suffer.
Poor laura although totally devastated is trying everything in her powers to help., without getting into any details this is a life changing event for both daughter and mom.
I guess now im on home vacation so maybe ill do a little extra tank clean ip and maintenance

Sorry to hear about that Dary. I hope all is well and can turn out for the better. I, sadly, see things similar daily at work as I'm a supervisor in an court ordered intensive D+A program. Need anything just let me know.

Sorry to hear about that Dary. I hope all is well and can turn out for the better. I, sadly, see things similar daily at work as I'm a supervisor in an court ordered intensive D+A program. Need anything just let me know.

Thank you hank,..yep, everything is court related,...federal court ..... It's really sad because the innocent people are the ones who seem to suffer the most. ,... Laura was really upset over the you tube video with the teenagers catching " Leroy" the locals pet tiger shark that was being aired via the news channels last week,..even her school kids made political posters concerning Leroy and how wrong it was to kill him for no reason..,and she's terrified of them,.
Tomorrow was going to be snorkel day #1 ,...I guess I'll just have to be satisfied looking at my tank,...thanks for the support !!!

Very sorry to hear the news, Dary. Hope all rebounds for the very best & who knows, maybe it woulda rained the whle time anyways .....

Very sorry to hear the news, Dary. Hope all rebounds for the very best & who knows, maybe it woulda rained the whle time anyways .....

Thanks Keith...,i went out side this morning with a cup of hawaiian coffee and watched the sunrise., it was bitter sweet to say the least.., btw your shop is really coming right along , good work

Back
Top Bottom