Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422384796.684241.jpg

Greg., This is what the bike looked like b4 I started the project,.... Whenever I had it parked at work everyone would walk around it wondering just what the #*+% it was ,..seeing that it's a Kawasaki and I bought it when the " mad cow" outbreak just got going I had the madkow license plate made ,... So that's the reason behind my madness

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Seeing that not too much is going on Tank wise I decided to dig out my semi new Sony camera and try to blunder my way thru a few picture to share ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423688848.295410.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423688866.328579.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423688890.897281.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423688917.980908.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423688933.519683.jpg

Umm..now that you mention it, I will have some space if you absolutely need to make some room.....I'd do that for ya pal!

Thankyou all,.. Just took a few junk unfocused pictures to keep things going along ,.... Everything is good except for the chalices which are all but gone :-(. , I've been raising the alk a little each day to get back up into the normal range ,... Years ago some of you old timers might remember my buddy " vampire woman" from the forum ,she had a thing for the lavender hairy mushrooms so one day I bought a small colony of'em and those suckers are probably the best growing things in the tank ,... They just can't be killed ,..Someday maybe I'll understand things a little better but overall I guess I'm ok for what I have done.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777288.463039.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777395.745209.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777439.953693.jpg
Got the trike all put together and have been trying to get used to riding that monster,... It's not the easiest thing to wrestle around turns but I'm slowly ( very slowly ) managing to get the hang of it ,...it's prob the weirdest thing I've ever driven , I would imagine over time I'll have forearms like Popeye but on the other hand it's ready super cool too ,Cheers to all ,...beer time :)

As you know, the forward rake has a lot to do with steering ease and radius of turns. Looks very fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As you know, the forward rake has a lot to do with steering ease and radius of turns. Looks very fine.

Yup ,..trying to figure all that out too ,... Toying with the idea of extended forks / rake to maybe ease the ride a bit

I had one of those "whoa" moments yesterday while doing my pwc ,... I have a 50 gal barrel which holds the freshly made saltwater on one side of my tank which is pumped into the main tank when it's time to do so ,.... On the other end ,I bring in a 30 gal barrel which I use for the waste water which is siphoned out of the tank at the same time ,.... I usually do about a 15 + gallon change every week. To get the waste water outside I have a submersible feed pump from an old protein skimmer which is attached to a length of garden hose which is lowered into the barrel to pump out the water into the yard .
Yesterday the pump sounded a little strange when I plugged it in and I was about to reach into the water to pull it out when I saw some blue arcing coming out of the pump. Needless to say I unplugged that baby rather quickly and found that the cords insulation was broken as it entered the pump ,....... I hate shocks ! Just the thought of it sends shivers down the back .
I will be rigging up a new pump this week for sure ,.. I think I have one or two candidates in the archive pile of aquarium goodies. I'm sure we all have a few " whoa" moments like that from our reef keeping endeavors,... Anyone one care to share ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gotten some pretty bad shocks in my life time. I don't enjoy them. Saltwater and ac voltage doesn't mix worth a darn. To put the two together without at least a GFI is suicide IMO. As you have seen, a frayed cord could have killed you.

The other day I went out to my shop to trim a pipe in my Sumps ATS. Light was not coming on and I tapped the fixture and got a shock. Ballast was fried and made the light 'hot'. As an electrician I had to change the light out. New led shop light.
Funny thing is about the same time my eldest son was at his 1st year electrical apprenticeship school and electrocuted himself when he went to move the jumpers on his motor control. He forgot to shut off the disconnect.
Nice thing about 120v North American power is its not really dangerous. Ouch, but that's about it. Unlike many European countries with 220v.

I got fried by a T5 retro fixture that fell into the tank while i was cleaning the glass. It was at the tank I maintain at a public gym. I screamed so loud people came running in to see the corpse....lol.

Back
Top Bottom