Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After a ton of trips to the hardware store I finally starting piecing together things alittle earlier than planned ,.. Although it looks like a straight forward and easy little plumbing job it wasn't ,..too many precise measurements and cuts.,,, anyways ,I had things flowing via the way it was before and she worked great and it ...but today I had to put the skimmer into its little barrel ,cross my fingers and hoped that I measured and configured everything correctly and turn on the valve to reroute the water into the skimmer barrel, Yes yes yes !!! It worked as planned !!! Even after shutting off the power everything flowed as expected .
I got to tidy up things now and pretty up the area but the raw footage might give you an idea ,...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446844121.157015.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446844140.824176.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446844154.341461.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446844187.026957.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446844210.527066.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Those pictures almost make me claustrophobic, but that's just part of reef life

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those pictures almost make me claustrophobic, but that's just part of reef life

It wasn't the easiest thing to squeeze under there and redo things but it worked out good .... I still gotta clean up things but overall it'll be a cleaner and more versatile little build

Well done. Scruffy really doesn't get a vote as I bet he did nothing to help...

Lol ..,Scruff worked hard and was there for the whole thing,.. He says his vote counts too :)

Lol ..,Scruff worked hard and was there for the whole thing,.. He says his vote counts too :)

And that is why they(dogs) are mans best friend!!(y)
Anyone know what a girls best friend is??(there is an answer)
Sorry if off topic D..

I've been trying to figure that out for 63 years now and I'm no closer than when I was 12.

Mans best friend; dog
soft, warm, affectionate ,cuddly ,and loyal.:flowers:
Girls best friend;
Diamonds are girls best friend!
Cold hard rock.:ermm:
Sharp edges that cut?:hide:
Wishing you and scruff the best.:confused:
There is no equity in what man holds dear.
That is what makes us more 'compassionate' IMO.:whistle:
sorry so far off topic!
Mrs Bandit has enough(rocks) to clad one hand complete almost( I got 1,000g cooking for 10+ years) so there is no complaining!!!:nono:

Honestly , you're never off topic here ,... Congrats on keeping the diamond mines open and thriving ,..Mrs. Bandit must be a happy camper !!! My girl friends bday is today but sorry Laura , no diamonds today !!

I've been trying to figure that out for 63 years now and I'm no closer than when I was 12.

Honestly , you're never off topic here ,... Congrats on keeping the diamond mines open and thriving ,..Mrs. Bandit must be a happy camper !!! My girl friends bday is today but sorry Laura , no diamonds today !!

As I mentioned ,they are equity IMO.
But for her you should offer Laura something she would love.
My opinion stands hard ,but it does not make myself correct.

Now on offerings...
Karma rules D!
When you can say you have what you need with confidence then you can accept it is no longer about you but who you can effect?
Life gets better when you make others better.(y)

A trip to Hawaii every year to snorkel with our little reef buddies a nice assortment of very select and pricey red wine etc , I think she's well taken care of ,... Hmmmmm. Bandit and Mrs bandit ,.suddenly I feel like I'm talking to Burt Reynolds and Sally fields :)

A trip to Hawaii every year to snorkel with our little reef buddies a nice assortment of very select and pricey red wine etc , I think she's well taken care of ,... Hmmmmm. Bandit and Mrs bandit ,.suddenly I feel like I'm talking to Burt Reynolds and Sally fields :)

Yea yea I read about the trip but slipped my mind sorry!!!!:oops:
I totally see where you come from.(y)
But I didn't come up with the saying "diamonds are a girls best friend"...
Mrs.b loves those movies( I not so much...)!

24 hours later and my project is holding fast ,... No drips or errors ! Skimmer seemed a little touchy about its new home but has since settled in and relaxed ..... I think I might have to get a ats for my next project

Just ordered that algae scrubber that Greg so highly recommended from 302 aquatics ,I ordered the as-2 rated for 200 gallons , I Had some troubles getting thru to him but long story short , it's ordered !! . ,this'll be my first scrubber so it's kind of another chapter in reef keeping for me to explore .
Since I've got the whole living room looking like home depot's plumbing section anyways , I decided that as long as I've got everything laid out i might as well redo some of the older plumbing too,... I even re plumbed back in my beloved MRC skimmer which will be just a plug in away from operating again ( I can hear the scene from young Frankenstein now " it lives, it lives " lol ) .... It's such a beast and there's never any worries associated with it , just " set it and forget it " .i think Doug just rolled his eyes :) ,
Other than that All's well ,..... So far :-/

Last edited:
I hope you like it now. My enthusiasm was not as great as you would describe. I found this unit to be built nicely and it obviously grows algae. Now I'm nervous that it won't meet expectations! In reality it should work great for you. It's too simple to break, so we will see how they fair long term.

Greg, do you run your scrubber exclusively in lieu of any chaeto or do you run it in combo with some chaeto just for a double whammy effect ?

Back
Top Bottom