Daughter dropped muddy flip flop in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had 40 gallons of fresh sw for a water change for me and my neighbor. I maintain his tank. My daughter was playing in the mud outside and came in and kicked off her flip flop and there it went, straight into the water.

Should I throw it out? I cant really see anything in the water. Took out a couple leaves but everything else looks clean.

What do you think? I hate wasting all that water.

I don't know if it would affect the water quality, but if you do suggest it, I think most of the sediment would sink towards the bottom. When you do the PWC, try removing water near the top and don't disturb the bottom. That might help keep all of the bad stuff out.

my girlfriends daughter was spitting YooHoo in mine one time, and to be honest rather than take the chance I just dumped it and made new. it was only 15g

I think the only problem would be sediment. So like henry said, I think I will try to avoid it. I just cant bring myself to throw out 40 g. Maybe I'll take the top and give my neighbor the bottom. He wont know. I do everything anyway.

I would base it off where the mud came from. If it's a pretty clean area I wouldn't worry to much. If it was from some where like my yard where the previous owners had big dogs that pooped everywhere and never cleaned it up, so any step you take is in dog mines, I would toss it.

Thats what I think too. I do have a dog but she doesnt go where my daughter was. She is only 4 so the flip flop was not very big and she pulled it out right away.

I agree, take a PH reading to see if the mud messed with your PH.

What do you think the ph would be? Higher or lower. I'm about to check but just curious.

Looks good, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom