DaveMc's 36g Bow Front Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im suppose to have a petco near me that stocks ORA acros. Going to check them out wednesday.

Good luck. Mine carries them too and they had them under a fluval led light...they were in there but dead...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good luck. Mine carries them too and they had them under a fluval led light...they were in there but dead...

Not sure what lights my Petco uses but they sure do not do any of the inhabitants justice. This little time the RFA was in my tank before the lights went out I seen a nice change in how it was open and the colors.

My biggest fear was that the young girl taking it out of the tank, how she was pulling at it to get it off the rock. got a little mad and told her not to pull it. Massage the foot a little till it comes off. Also told her if there is a tear in the foot I am bringing it back for a refund! She kinda looked at me like I was crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem! Glad to see you back on again. How's things been!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Still busy at work. Was hoping it would slow down a little after the holiday's but doesn't look like it is happening. By the time I get home from work I got just enought time to eat, shower and hit the bed and start all over again. :(

God I need to hit the lottery and just retire into the reef world :lol:

Not sure what lights my Petco uses but they sure do not do any of the inhabitants justice. This little time the RFA was in my tank before the lights went out I seen a nice change in how it was open and the colors.

My biggest fear was that the young girl taking it out of the tank, how she was pulling at it to get it off the rock. got a little mad and told her not to pull it. Massage the foot a little till it comes off. Also told her if there is a tear in the foot I am bringing it back for a refund! She kinda looked at me like I was crazy.
Thats why I pull anemones out myself (unless the owner of the LFS is there)

Hey Dave! Glad to see you back on here.

Nice rfa, in Puerto Rico I remember seeing them everywhere... it's amazing how deeply they can bury themselves in the sand.

Thats why I pull anemones out myself (unless the owner of the LFS is there)

I wish I could have...but all must be ok because it has secured to a piece of live rock and opened up very nicely!

Hey Dave! Glad to see you back on here.

Nice rfa, in Puerto Rico I remember seeing them everywhere... it's amazing how deeply they can bury themselves in the sand.

Thanks dingus :) I am here but work has been crazy so not enough time to do what I want lol.

You seen all them in PR and you didn't being any home! :lol:

Dang, freebies dude hehehehe.

Added a new addition today, here is my new Rock flower Anemone :)

img_3128590_0_88113452f28b9a3709a9fea45cb6f256.jpg

Nice looking RFA Dave, how's it settling in?

Nice looking RFA Dave, how's it settling in?

Thanks Red. He is doing good. Has found a place he likes and hasn't moved and opened all the way up. Gonna give it another day and then try feeding some mysis to it and see how it goes.

I am so getting more of these lol.

Thanks Red. He is doing good. Has found a place he likes and hasn't moved and opened all the way up. Gonna give it another day and then try feeding some mysis to it and see how it goes.

I am so getting more of these lol.
Try not to overfeeding new anemones. Its just stress them out more.

I was talking more about portions. I use to feed my anemones every other day. Anemones get stressed when they have to digest big meals.

True, I only plan on feeding maybe a couple mysis at a time when I do feed it. That is if my Sexy Shrimp doesn't steal it lol. He has found the anemone :lol:

Picked up a BTA today! Acclimating now and getting ready to add in the tank :)

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

:ROFLMAO::lol:

Very true. will post tomorrow, he is still settling in and light just went off. Hoping my clowns will host it once it opens all the way up.

Now my sexy shrimp is going from the RFA to the BTA hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom