DaveMc's 36g Bow Front Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha that's great!! I'm gonna try and we work my tank tomorrow so I have some room in the sand bed for a rfa lol, they look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha that's great!! I'm gonna try and we work my tank tomorrow so I have some room in the sand bed for a rfa lol, they look awesome!

Mine decided to move and went further up and on the side or a rock now.

I need to redo my scape also. Don't have much room on the sand bed anymore because of the rock.

Yea that's the problem I'm running into. I have like no room for any of the SPS to put in a nice place so they aren't in front of the mp10. I literally want to do 3 bigger rocks kind of like this guy did on another forum. Really love this tank!

Yea that's the problem I'm running into. I have like no room for any of the SPS to put in a nice place so they aren't in front of the mp10. I literally want to do 3 bigger rocks kind of like this guy did on another forum. Really love this tank!

That is a nice tank, you shouldn't have a problem re-working your scape to do this from what I have seen of your tank on your thread.

I'm thinking about a double island, one of the left and other on the right and leaving the middle and front open. Problem is though....my serpent star has taken up residence in the nooks and crannies of one of my rocks and I can't get him out of it lol. With it being one of the bigger rocks I need to move it towards the bottom and don't want to block him where he can't get out.

Yea I'm hoping it will be pretty easy. Only problem will be the bta lol :/ I'm not sure how to get him to move or where he will go from where he is now. I should have just waited to get one ahah

Yea I'm hoping it will be pretty easy. Only problem will be the bta lol :/ I'm not sure how to get him to move or where he will go from where he is now. I should have just waited to get one ahah

It should be, have no doubt you can do it :)

With the BTA, one way to get it off the rock is to "gently" massage the base a foot until it lets go. Should only take a couple minutes. As far as where it will go when your done....well it will let you know hahaha.

Thanks for the confidence Dave! :) so just let him float around til it finds a spot then? And work around it?

Thanks for the confidence Dave! :) so just let him float around til it finds a spot then? And work around it?

Your welcome :)

i would pretty much find a place to put him and then if he doesn't like he will move around on his own and find a spot he likes. Never know with the nem's lol.

I placed mine on a rock in like a little cave area where he gets light and good flow and so far he has stayed there.

I highly recommend not letting it float around. When handling anemones I always grab their base (by the foot) in between 2 fingers (like a cigarette). Then just place the foot on the rock and give it a minute to attach.

Dave- What color is the BTA? I'm a BTA addict. I wish I would of got a ritteri while I could. Some guy taking down his tank had a healthy one that was about a foot in diameter. He wanted 75$ and I wasn't quite ready for the challenge yet.

Dave- What color is the BTA? I'm a BTA addict. I wish I would of got a ritteri while I could. Some guy taking down his tank had a healthy one that was about a foot in diameter. He wanted 75$ and I wasn't quite ready for the challenge yet.

It is a green one, they didn't have RBTA :( They also had a white one but this one caught my eye because it was bigger and the bubbles were very prominent on it. Wanted to get a pic and post it but just got home and the lights are out now :(

As far as size I would guess about 3" when fully open. Now the ritteri you spoke about I would have loved to see that. I bet is was beautiful!

It is a green one, they didn't have RBTA :( They also had a white one but this one caught my eye because it was bigger and the bubbles were very prominent on it. Wanted to get a pic and post it but just got home and the lights are out now :(

As far as size I would guess about 3" when fully open. Now the ritteri you spoke about I would have loved to see that. I bet is was beautiful!
The white one is probably bleached. I remember when one of my LFS tried to tell me they're naturally white (this one way obviously bleached).

When ever your bta inflates, I'm sure everyone would like to see it. As long as anemones are fed well, they will grow very fast. I wish my pretty RBTA would grow longer tentacles instead of getting wider.

I like the long tentacles a lot more then the short bubbly tentacles.

New BTA

Ok, here is a pic of the BTA finally, best I could get with a sucky camera lol.

img_3131604_0_eb498b5a0990b38faf4e51dda26feef1.jpg

Finally!! Looks great Dave!! Oh and btw my stubborn bta never moved and stayed on the same rock in the same spot haha!

Finally!! Looks great Dave!! Oh and btw my stubborn bta never moved and stayed on the same rock in the same spot haha!

Awesome! Myst have liked where you put it lol. Mine only moved a little towards the left from where I put it. Now my RFA is right beside it on the right.

The white one is probably bleached. I remember when one of my LFS tried to tell me they're naturally white (this one way obviously bleached).

When ever your bta inflates, I'm sure everyone would like to see it. As long as anemones are fed well, they will grow very fast. I wish my pretty RBTA would grow longer tentacles instead of getting wider.

I like the long tentacles a lot more then the short bubbly tentacles.

I have to admit this was actually a white one. I have seen them before and this one looked really good but much smaller than the one I got.

I was also tempted to get a long tentacle anemone as they had a few of them as well. BUT....money ran short :( I like seeing the long tentacles also!

Was able to get a good shot of my Sexy Shrimp in the BTA...just had to share lol

Kenya Tree: Before & After

Quick video of the Kenya Tree Coral I picked up as just a small frag about 7 months ago. Since then it has grown quickly and branched out really good. Soon I will be able to get some frags off of it to put into the upcoming frag tank I am starting. :)

Biggest fear happened!

My tank has crashed!!! :eek::nono::(

Two days after my last post, I came home from work and the tank was cloudy. Notice one of my power heads had failed, there was stringy, slimy stuff coming from it.

I checked my parameters and the only thing that was a little high was my nitrates. I done a big water change, replaced the power head and within two days I lost my...

Kenya Tree
Feather duster
Turbo Snail
Astrea Snails
Brain Coral
RFA
Monti Cap

All the fish are fine, my yellow poly[s are trying to hang in along with my BTA and mushrooms and GSP. My zoa's are still closed up but tryinbg to make it and my pulsing zenia is closed tighter than a drum.

No idea what happened or why.....really p***ed about this! :banghead:

Oh dear Dave!!! I'm so sorry to hear that :( no reason either!?!

Thanks nano. None, I was looking to see if anything died in the tank that I didn't know about but there wasn't anything missing. Filters were clean, skimmer had just been cleaned and took out some chaeto to thin it out a little. Water was crystal clear.

Guess I need to take my 10g and get it ready for a backup in case. Will at least be able to trans the corals over in case this happens again.

Back
Top Bottom