DaveMc's 36g Bow Front Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cats and boxes! It's crazy...when are you getting the new tank wet??

My rock should be here tomorrow....then it is just a matter of getting a stand for it. The one they had at the LFS when I checked the other day was not very sturdy looking and didn't want to chance it. Gonna check a couple other places then will be ready to get it wet lol.

Yeah I can't wait lol. Since I am off the next 2 days I am gonna look for a stand for it cause I want this thing up and going lol.

If you cant find a stand just drop it on your kitchen table as a centerpiece and get it wet! HAHA!:popcorn:

That is a good thought but I think my wife would have something to say about that lol. I have how every found a stand and gonna place an order for it if the local store doesn't have it in stock.

Oh....MY ROCK CAME IN TODAY!!!! :dance:

Gonna unpack and take a look at it and see what I can come up with for the scape now.

Few pics to get started lol...

Here is the rock
img_2967144_0_cc5013e57bfd9bee0705088dc183012c.jpg

img_2967144_1_5096ad17dc517ce1a256c9c1ac2db0d3.jpg

img_2967144_2_0fc8d1fd8802de15d5aa523e1fd90db6.jpg

Here are the lights.....
img_2967144_3_17ccd47712a9a1491d0c42b7aa1a0329.jpg

Opinions needed.

Need options on this scape..what you all think :)

img_2967994_0_2c48ca1823b947c46d1f252b56e6057b.jpg

img_2967994_1_506fcb06405589cb20b9dc82d2ef212f.jpg

Looks great! Very nice collection of rock you have there, lots of shapes and sizes to work with!

I don't know exactly how wide the rocks are, but IMO it'd be cool to have some sort of island, that rock on the left (pretty big) might look cool like that! So fun to play with scaping :p

What kinda reef do you want? Those branching pieces could be hard to mount corals off of vertically. It does look pretty sweet though :)

Looks great! Very nice collection of rock you have there, lots of shapes and sizes to work with!

I don't know exactly how wide the rocks are, but IMO it'd be cool to have some sort of island, that rock on the left (pretty big) might look cool like that! So fun to play with scaping :p

Thanks dingus. Yes they are much bigger than the rocks in my 10g. I would say that the one on the left would almost reach the top of the 36g once put in. Really do like the way it looks standing up like that...gonna have to trim the bottom so it will sit flat though.

Also thinking about islands as well. This one just popped in my mind first lol.

What kinda reef do you want? Those branching pieces could be hard to mount corals off of vertically. It does look pretty sweet though :)

Hey Bribo, reef wise, if your speaking of the types of corals, I am looking at softies, LPS and SPS. I was also looking at a theme...lost city in the ruble and they using the branches to form like a tree of life. Basically using the branches and then using glue or putty to attach either zoa's, GSP etc. to them to make them look like a living tree.

Out of the rock that is in my 10g I have two more pieces that will go in there, the two that have coraline algae on the one with the corals already on it I was thinking about placing at the bottom in the middle.

Hope this makes sense lol.

Yessir it does. I was just stating it may be hard to have acros growing off the branching pieces but I see you have a good plan :)

Yessir it does. I was just stating it may be hard to have acros growing off the branching pieces but I see you have a good plan :)

Haha....gonna be playing with other scapes as well. The idea of acros or BN browing from them would be awesome, but not with the way they are now.

Who knows....after playing with some different layouts I may not even go with a theme at all lol.

I would take one of the rocks and use the tonga branches and putty them together to make a larger tree-like structure and then make a smaller island on the other side of the tank out of rubble.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402534925.607708.jpg

I would take one of the rocks and use the tonga branches and putty them together to make a larger tree-like structure and then make a smaller island on the other side of the tank out of rubble.

View attachment 240119

Thanks NanoNewb :) Ahh...visual stimulation lol. That really helps get the mond going more lol.

It works lol...got a few things running through my mind as we speak hehe.

That scape looks awesome!! Very realistic, I don't think it would be to hard to attach sps to the branches, you'd have to remove them from the plug or use some putty though

That scape looks awesome!! Very realistic, I don't think it would be to hard to attach sps to the branches, you'd have to remove them from the plug or use some putty though

Thanks Red :)

Yeah would def have to remove from the plugs for sure. Don't think I have too many branches going here do you lol?

Back
Top Bottom