DaveMc's 36g Bow Front Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that sucks! What did you end up getting??

Same stand just ordered it to arrive at my house instead. Was soooo looking forward to starting the setup over the next couple days.

Oh well....at least it will be here next week.

Sorry to hear about the stand. I know what it's like when something doesn't come in that's supposed to. I only deal with the store manager at my local Petco and she's absolutely fabulous. Case in point, I called ahead for new tops for a 55 I wanted to get wet. She told me "Two in stock, shall I hold them ?" I told her no as I can basically see the store from my place. Showed up within 5 mins and lo and behold, the system says 2 but there's only one throughout the whole place. Bottom line, she ordered the other one and when I got the call it was there, she also gave me 50% off each for saying they were both there when they weren't. Love that manager.

Sorry to hear about the stand. I know what it's like when something doesn't come in that's supposed to. I only deal with the store manager at my local Petco and she's absolutely fabulous. Case in point, I called ahead for new tops for a 55 I wanted to get wet. She told me "Two in stock, shall I hold them ?" I told her no as I can basically see the store from my place. Showed up within 5 mins and lo and behold, the system says 2 but there's only one throughout the whole place. Bottom line, she ordered the other one and when I got the call it was there, she also gave me 50% off each for saying they were both there when they weren't. Love that manager.

That was awesome of her. All I got the whole time was "sorry." They even had a stand there but said they couldn't see it because it was part of a set that includes the tank.

I asked if they would sell the stand and they said they couldn't. Even though the other combo that was there.....had the stand sold alone! Needless to say after this I will not be dealing with them anymore.

I checked with Petco but they didn't have any for the bow front's. But may start dealing with them more. They can at least get me my fish and corals so I don't have to pay shipping.

It was very awesome indeed !!! I also joked that if it didn't arrive when it came she owe me a couple WC's in the 55g. At least 50% x2. ??.

That really blows they treated you like that. I definitely would not return. Only consider a drive by white someone else at the wheel so I could show them the full moon can be seen during the day ????. To not even budge to try and keep a customer is just foolish on their part. Being the owner of a small business myself, I do everything in and out of my power to keep people coming back. Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster.

No I disagree completely. A standard rectangular with those specs is around 32g. A bow front would push it to 36g. A 36" length (rectangular) is almost 50g and a bow would be closer to 58-60.

The dimensions he stated was a 26g bowfront. Trust me, I have one. A 36g bowfront is 30.3" x 15.5" x 20.9". He has the box so he must have stated the dimensions wrong.

The dimensions he stated was a 26g bowfront. Trust me, I have one. A 36g bowfront is 30.3" x 15.5" x 20.9". He has the box so he must have stated the dimensions wrong.

Yes I did post the wrong ones lol...my apologies for that. Was so excited to get it I mis-read everything lol.

Sorry, I was just trying to make sure you didn't order too much stuff because you thought you had a bigger tank. Cheers!

Sorry, I was just trying to make sure you didn't order too much stuff because you thought you had a bigger tank. Cheers!

No need to say your sorry...I appreciate you looking out for me on that lol. Plus I would have been upset if I actually did get the 26 lol.

Thanks Sillyfishies :)

Where is that stand?!

I so wish I knew. I tried tracking it with the tracking number they gave me and UPS says that there is no such tracking number :eek:

BUT, the original email said I would have it between now and Friday. If this gets screwed up again, I will tell them to cancel, give my money back and I will go by a 40g breeder stand.....I know it will fit on that and give me extra room.

Just got notification that the stand will be here tomorrow. Maybe I will set the tank up in the dining room on the floor and do the leak test today so I can get a little head of my self lol.

Starting Leak Test

Since the stand will be here tomorrow, I decided to un-box the tank and get the leak test started. Got it sitting on the floor int he dining room right now and in the process of filling it up.

Figured this would give plenty of time until the stand gets here tomorrow and then it's WOOT WOOT!!!! time to scape and get it wet :dance:

img_2971890_0_e71e7b168726b0a41b341f58dd5b1188.jpg

Might wanna put that on a table or you are going to have some bucket time getting that water out. ;)

Don't have a table big enough :ROFLMAO: No problem though, got a siphon to get the water out (y)

Gluing Coral and Rocks

Just thought of a question, when it comes to gluing rock and coral I know that the super Glue Gel can be used.....but it has to be 100% "something" to use in the tank. Can someone remind me what that something is lol.

Back
Top Bottom