Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Dead anemone?

Does anyone know how to tell if any anemone is dead? Mines not moving at all and has lost a lot of color and I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

LittleFishiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it still attached to rock? My green bubble tip turned brown and shriveled up. After a couple of days I decided to take him before it messed up my tank If it looks the same after a few days I'd say it's probably dead

sansouci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Can you tell us more about the tank? Current parameters? How about a picture? What kind of lighting is over the tank? How long have you had it?
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
An anemone isn't dead until it falls apart.
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:20 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Some times anemones will shrivel up and lose the majority of its colour up to a day for a totally natural reason. When they do this it is because they are either doing a 'water change' or they have been overfed and are rejecting some semi digested food that you fed them earlier. And as was said before anemones don't truly die until they fall apart. If they haven't fallen apart yet and they don't look normal then they are unhappy or their doing on of the things stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
tomtom14 is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com