Dead emerald crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gboduszek

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i bought a couple of emerald crabs 2 days ago to help get rid a small bubble algae problem and this morning i found them both upside down and dead. I have a 20L reef with sps Lps and softies along with a cherub angel and a pair of mated filefish. My inverts consist of 2 porcelain crabs, a skunk cleaner shrimp, 5 hermits and about 8 snails of different types. All my parameters are in check and everything else in the tank is doing great. Is there any other reasons for the crabs quick deaths other than maybe I just got a couple that were in bad health?

Beware if you get another... Mine now live in my sump because they ate my polyps & made my Duncan hide for days!

I feel like you are right about temperature. I had an emerald die recently. I had a power outAge. The temp dropped 7 degrees. Everything else made it

I found I was taking too long during acclimation and the temperature was dropping too much shocking the animal when introduced to the tank.

Maybe this is the problem then. I take my time when acclimating so maybe then temp got a bit screwed up. Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna try a couple more to get this bubble algae control taken care of

Back
Top Bottom