Dead fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does this look like it was the result of being killed by another fish?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426247707.188436.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426247723.994075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What are all the tank mates? And water params could be helpful too

If you have crabs in your tank there is no way of knowing because the crabs will start ripping up anything dead

90 gal reef

Last edited by a moderator:
55g dt, 20g sump, 110 reef octopus in sump skimmer. Phos guard in one bag and activated carbon in another bag. The flame angel was doing fine and I never saw it get picked on. When I found him, he was at the top of my dt, stuck on my ob. The grill prevented him from being sucked down into the sump. I did a 50% WC today. All other fish "seem" to be doing well.

Ph: 8.3
Nitrates: 10ppm
Calcium: 480
dKH: 9 (161.1ppm)
Salinity: sg- 1.025
Phosphate: 0.25

Tank mates:
Coral beauty
Green chromis x2
Ocellaris clown x2
Bangai Cardinal
Royal gramma
5-7 hermit crabs

PS. My water params were before the WC.

how long has he or the other angel been in the tank together?

About 8 months

I had a flame angel get sucked to the filter and just died too...water was good and didn't see any picking. I think they are just a hit or miss fish.

I never had problems with flame angels. I find them pretty hardy. If you didn't see aggression, then chances are, there was no aggression.

Flame angel was smaller, but was also the first of the two to be in the tank. Keeping a close eye on the others.

Coral beauty will not bother any others. Keep in mind that you can keep only 1 angel fish in a tank that are not big enough.

Yeah, that is where I was headed with my question. I'd stick with 1 in this small a tank even if it wasn't what caused the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I keep a coral beauty , flame angel , and a bi color angel in my 90g
all 3 are always just swimming around together no aggression at all
each one was added about a month apart was thinking of a half and half black and white angel , the trick is to add them small

My 60gal was not big enough. After adding a coral beauty, the flame angel just kept chasing her. I was hoping it will settle down but unfortunately it did not.

The "trick" to keeping multiple Angels in a tank is more about the decor and which ones go in when. Since most dwarf Angels are hiders, they need a lot of cover in the tank to make them feel secure. If there is not enough rock work or "cubby" holes, the fish in there first will knock out anyone that comes in later. So one person can have much success with the same 2 Angel types that someone else is having a disaster with. So the best way I have found to keep multiple angels is when adding a new one, add another piece of decoration as well.
Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom