Death of a tankmate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
My tomato clown died last nite. He was the first fish I got when I started this Hobby 12 yrs ago. He will be sorely missed. He shared in all of my SW aquarium adventures.

009_648830.jpg

very sorry to hear about your loss. 12 yrs huh. I would say he/she lived a very full life. You made their stay on this earth quite pleasurable I am sure.

Sorry to hear about that clown Mike. I know it is was one of your pride and joy's in the aquarium. Considering they have a 6 - 10 year lifesapn in the wild and half of that in the home aquarium, it just time. It will be missed in your tank shots.

Sorry for your loss. 12 years is a long time. I can only hope I have as much success with the lifespan of my fish as you do.

You should be proud to have kept him/her for so long. I know it is hard to loose a fish after so long but he was 12. Thats great for a clown fish. He couldn't have been better kept.

Thanks everyone. I`m getting another clown as I cant imagine a reef without one. Going to go with a gold striped maroon. I had one for many yrs but died about 4 yrs ago. He was eight yrs old. I`ve always had a clown in my tank. As I said I cant imagine life without one.

Yeah i cant imagine a reef without a clown myself always said to myself "this time no clown" but the first fish is always a clown. And nice choice of going with the GSM their beautiful although you already knew that lol.

They are and a little on the aggressive side but so was my tomato clown. He`ll do fine.

And we can't imagine you without one :) Sorry to hear of your loss, but ironically a great 12yr achievement! It was hard losing my smallest hermit and I only had him/her for about a month, but it was the baby! So I know a lil bit how it is, Hope the next one lives just as long and just as happy.

I`ve already got the GSM and I`ll post it on the new aquisitions forum soon.

Back
Top Bottom