Debri in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
For some reason I have alot of debris floating in my tank. Not sure why or how to get rid of it. Any thoughts? TIA

Try putting in a new filter pad in the trickle tray of your wet/dry. Are these tiny bubbles or actual detritus? Cut back on feedings for now to see if that helps.

No they are not bubbles. This is a fairly new tank so i know its not the overfeeding. I will try a new filter pad..TY

I believe Kent also makes a water clarifier. It is suppose t bind particulates togther and allow them to be removed more effectively by the mechanical filtration.

Choc-chip stars wont help clean the water and they are not reef safe. :wink:

Do you have a sump? I use several bio sponges, the kind that fit over an over-flow pipe. I just wedge a few into the path the water flows in the sump. That way, it forces the water fo flow through, under and around the sponges. Water is crystal clear and they are easy to clean.

Water clarifier works but your skimmer will go crazy for several days and it's just going to get back to where it was before.

Back
Top Bottom