Debris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drs1685

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a little issue that I didn't know I have until I saw another tank, everytime I look at my tank there's always little debris flying around, not a lot but enough to see ,always thought it was normal but looking at someone else's tank noticed it wasnt like that, the only difference I see is that he had a filter sock on his return in sump and I do not, I just have one of those flat white/blue filters in there, is this my problem? Btw my substrate is crushed coral so I don't believe it's too fine.

Hey Drs, yeah, a micron filter sock would definitely help your debris problem, as long as there is enough circulation in the tank to move debris to your overflow. The poly pads allow much larger particles to pass through than a 200 micron sock

When u do a water change right befor take a turkey baster blow all the debris around the tank so the filter and yur vac is sucking up as much as possible ..this combined with a filter sock or Micron cloth will clear yur water up ....btw do u have a picture of yur filter system

Back
Top Bottom