Dec and Jan: Let's hear about the bargains you've found.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok folks, if you come across some excellent deals, bargains, specials sales coupon codes etc...here is your place to share with fellow reefers. Seen a price online, that is too good not to share? Well, put it here. This applies to LFS as well, make sure you tell us where we can save some money :jump:

michealprater said:
Shouldnt the thread be in the general retailer section?

Nope. This thread is not about the retailer as much as it is the hobbiest, it's about saving us money. Another issue is, because of our flip side FW, I have a thread identacle to this one over there. It is in the place I feel it can do the most good.

HTH

Bargains

All of my VERY best buys have been through "bagain sheets" like the photo-shopper here on PA. They list things private individuals want to sell and have a section devoted to pets/equipment. It has ads from about half of PA and some of the deals are incredible. My best buy was a complete reef (120 gal, 4X2X2, stand, LR, sump, iwaki pump, all plumbing, a few surviving corals - everything but the lights) for $400. It also included about 10 pounds of aiptasia and 20 pounds of hair algae, for no additional fee! I rented a U-Haul and drove 3 hours each way, but it was still a great buy. Just a lot of sweat equity.

The best prices on RO / DI supplies

that I've found is...

me!

I've got mixed bed, color indicating DI resin for sale, as well as the refillable 10" cartridges: $10 for the cart alone, $12 for the resin alone. Reduced price of $18 for a filled cartridge.

Also:
1 micron, 10" sediment filters - $2.75
1 micron, 10" carbon block filters - $9
Hanna Instruments Primo TDS meters - $25

I don't think any of the internet retailers match these prices.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/choicef.html great place, i got a aquaclear 500gph powerfilter for 38.00. every where else it run's for 79.00-85.00 incl petco,petsmart. the prices are like half the cost any where i looked. #1 in my book. it stinks i have to drive3hrs one way. 200gal reef crystals 44.29. here it runs 80.00. it is worth the drive for me. there are in lancaster P.A. 8) walt

Well it's kind of a LFS, but we upgraded our lights tonight 2 compact lights, 1 10K and 1 actnic 55W each, it's better than we had before, we had a coral life which was 20W and blue actnic 20 W. It's a retro fit for our 29 gallon, we got it for 145 out the door. We are hoping later to add corals, I really like the pipe organ coral, but I need to do a lot more research on these before buying.

We also found a good deal on some real perculas tank raised at of all places our local Petco, setting up the isolation tank tonight. They are priced at 14.99 I know I could get cheaper on the net, but this way I know what I am getting and all the other fish stores we've checked either don't have tank raised, or if they do they want 31.00 a piece for them!

Hope these are good deals. Oh the lights deal was at a place called the Coral Island in Orange, California. Doubt they have a website, not a real big place.

You couldnt get perc that cheap on the net unless you order a whole bunch of them to offset the cost of shipping. 15 bucks is a good deal.

Well we got our TR perculas tonight for 14.99, got two of them, we also got a false lemon peel angel, we got these at our local Petco, and get this, we were blown away when we found out, they have a 15 day policy on their fish, if they die, just bring them back they said, can't beat that! They are in isolation tank now we'll have them in there for a week, they all look healthy but we've been there before.

Back
Top Bottom