Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #11
KLN
Aquarium Advice Regular

LFS $5 per pound

Old 01-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Since I am really new, and just starting, please let me know if this is not anything special. I bought 45lbs of Premium Fiji Live rock from the Marine center for $2.99/lbs and Fiji Sand for $1.49/lb. It will be here Tuesday, so I will let you know if it is any good.

Also, if you live in the North Texas area shipping is only $10 per 50 lbs box. That alone saved me over $75.

Old 01-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any PETsMARTs that have the new look (remodeled sometime in 2002 or '03), in the saltwater section they have CaribSea Oolitic Select (.05-1mm) for only $15.99
It's on sale right now, and I wanted some finer sand to add to my stock for when the tank gets set up. The sand that size is like $21 from marinedepot.com BEFORE shipping. Just thought I'd share. =]
125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to targaboy78
I haven't got my SW Tank yet but I've been slowly acquiring parts.

Red Sea Wavemaker - eBay - 88 US (shipping included)

Tunze Universal 220/3 skimmer - a guy from a local reef forum - 150 CDN (115 US)

2 10 gallon tanks (future refugium and QT)
- a guy from a local reef forum - 5 CDN each (3.85 US each)
Old 01-12-2004, 08:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

dang 3.85 for a 10 gal! thats a good deal!

Mr. Marine
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to WildFlower
Not fish related but hey, you never know where you may find your next bargain!!!

My insurance company recently sent me a notice that my rates were going up. Not a lot, but enough to make me decide it was time to shop for a new auto policy. Well..... Guess What??? I saved a bundle by using Geico.

LOL, no offense intended to the previous forum posts.... but some of the bargain comments were great and absolutly begged for the Geico comment 8) I just could not resist.

May your tank prosper ~ WildFlower
Old 01-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi Folks,

I have a few dry-goods dealers that I typically deal with, but recenly I stumbled across Jim at www.seaquestmarine.com

I placed a pretty large order with them and I'll tell you they had some excellent service and were very client service level based. Funny thing though - What drew me to their site was EXCELLENT Prices. Some examples :

Compact 96W Smart lites (Custom sealife): $38 (I've seen these for as high as $58 )
Dolpihin Ampmaster 3000 (3000GPH - quiet): $263
Aqua C-Mora Skimmer: $153, Pro version: $207
Rainbow 25W UV: $134
Kent 50GPD RO unit: $157

But check this site out - definitely worth it. Ask for Jim. He's a good guy.

Tom
Old 01-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

8O WOW !!! What a difference one week makes...

Exactly 7 days ago, I replied to this thread and started my post with
Quote:
haven't got my SW Tank yet but I've been slowly acquiring parts.
Yesterday, I had to rent a van to pick up my new pride and joy...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWN%3AIT&rd=1
"175 Gallon Oceanic Bow Front tank, mint condition, includes tank, full bottom cabinet, and full top canopy."

I checked out Big Al's and they sell it for $3000 CDN - I got it for $810 CDN ( approx $624.00 US ).

I saw them online at http://www.gkpet.com/aquariumprice.html for $ 1583.92 US

Sorry, I'm rambling.... I am just so stoked. I could barely sleep last night. Be prepared for the barrage of setup questions to follow.

Paul.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Now that is one serious good deal.

Where else can you get a beautiful acrylic aquarium, an above ground swimming pool and some nice cabinetry all for such a great price.

Looks like it was some tough bidding for awhile but congrats.

I'll be in the market for an large acrylic soon as well - hope I am so lucky.

Tom
Old 01-18-2004, 01:51 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Hi TheMadNucleus,

Quote:
Where else can you get a beautiful acrylic aquarium, an above ground swimming pool and some nice cabinetry all for such a great price.
Too Funny. I never looked at it that way before but you are right I could just about swim in there. (or at least take a bath)

BTW - It's glass, not acrylic. When I was loading it into the van I just about soiled myself. The tank alone has to be about 350 lbs.

I am building this into my dining room wall (surrounded by cabinetry).
350 lbs tank, plus stand plus LR plus 1750 lbs water....
Time to call my contractor buddy (so it stays in my dining room and doesn't end up in my basement).

Paul.

Tags
hose

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com