Decent ending to a rough week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bad weather here in the east made life rough this week. I drive 60 miles each way to work, 3 of 5 days this week in snow and ice. I work 11 hours a day so I get up at 4 and get home (at best) at 6:30. I have from then till 9 to do my aquarium maintenance and relax.

Thursday night I take the fish out of qt and put them back in the display tank. After 25 days I get to see my fish again. Friday morning its sleeting and raining. I get to work and the wife calls, power is out. I get home early (we closed at 3) and yank the battery out of the car and hook up the good old power inverter. Aquarium temp is still good due to the wife keeping the wood stove stoked, but no water circulation for over 8 hours. Everybody is fine and all is well, even hooked up a lamp and played TROUBLE together. Sat morning still no power. Water circulation is still keeping everone alive, if not happy. Wife went to her cousins for a shower with the kids. They get back and we go out to eat and shop. Get home around 7 sat night, power comes on at 7:30 (YEA!).

NOW power is back on but my overflow is gurgling. It hasnt done that in months. I spent last night and most of today trying to figure it out. I even built a durso standpipe hoping that would fix the problem. After hours of fiddling, I got the noise down to an acceptable level, but its still not as quiet as it was. Sounds like a sink is running all the time. Before it was barely noticable.

BUT, as I sit here and type, we got power, my fish are swimming all around loving life and looking beautiful, bills are paid, Im well fed and warm. Things could be a lot worse.

Sounds like you need a :drinking: Glad everything turned out well for ya! (love the fact you robbed your car for its battery! :lol: )

Im well fed and warm. Things could be a lot worse.

ya Like me. thursday I go to bed and wake up to the flue Fri. Fri is my day off. oh well I stay in bed all day Fri and pretty much sleep the day away. Saturday I wake up worse than Fri. yup you geussed it, call the boss and tell um i'm not coming in. so I stay home and sleep that day away. Today I wake up feeling the same and as the day goes on I get worse. I'm sweating, then chilling. after taking my tylanol my temp is down to 100.9. and its not uncommon for me to run a temp of 103. So off to the doctors tommorow. :(

Back
Top Bottom