Decided what i am gonna do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I have decided to go against the maroons and try and find my ocellaris a mate. So when everything is all ready there will be 2 ocellaris in a 55 gallon tank with 50 lbs of LR and 30lbs on baserock. I am also gonna get uprade to PC and try and get a toadstool leather.
My ocellaris is a little larger than an inch. How would i go about geting hima mate? Just buy another one? Dont clowns change genders?
THANKS!!

i think your best bet would be to buy another fish and before you add him, move all the rocks in the tank around to confuse your 1st clown and then add the second one. If you dont rearrange the rocks it could cause territorial aggresion problems.

When adding a second clown, be sure the new addition is much smaller than the current one by ½ is possible. If quite small, there is a greater chance the new clown will be either male or neuter and not conflict if the original has changed (which I doubt). The original will also see the new addition (if much smaller) as less threatening which will keep any aggressive behavior to a minimum.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom