Decision Help!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boxxmann

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Bubble tip anemone that is approx. 12-14" in diameter. I have to do something with it because it also had tentacles that are 5-6" long. They are touching several of my corals. I am thinking about getting a purple or white w/ purple tip Sebae anemone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Good or bad?

Your "my info" section is not updated, so I am not sure how big your system is.

General rule the more I read is that any anenome in a reef can be a risk. With that said I have 3 in my 90g that have not moved in months.

The risk with any anenome in a reef is that they can become mobile at any time for no apparent reason and damage/kill nearby corals.

Really it is personal choice and how much risk you are willing to accept. I do not think it matters what type of anenome. I have had great success with rock flowers though.

HTH,

I am worried about my Clarkii clownfish. Will he be ok w/ me swapping the anemones? I think that is my main concern as well as how difficult a Sebae is to keep. Are they fairly easy?

Back
Top Bottom