Deep sand Bed good bad? and Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earthgoddess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to reef keeping I just recently purchased a complete 72 gal system with 100lbs of live rock
1 yellow tank 1 clown fish 1 coral beauty 1 cleaner wrasse, and 1 white damsel fish
Please Submit any advice on Moving only about 40 min away

Also What is anyones oppinion on A deep sand bed vs. no sand bed the good and the bad please I need to decide on what to do before this comming weekend I heard that it can be a problome to have a deep sand bed??

Please Submit any advice on Moving only about 40 min away
Moving any SW tank is a task since there are many factors involved. When you do move, you will have die-off, which is to be expected. I would use rubbermaid containers and collect as much water as possible. You will also want to collect the sand, which should be kept wet as well as any filter material you have. If you have any lr, you will want to keep that wet during the journey too.
The biggest thing I found when I moved was the ammonia went through the roof, and I only moved 5 miles away. The challenging thing is getting everything right before adding the livestock. You may need to do water changes as well.

I can honestly say if I had to do it again, I would want to start over. It was a daunting experience for me to say the least. :roll:

Good luck to you, and welcome to AA!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom