description of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an oddity in my tank. I have tried to get pictures but he is to deep in the tank to focus on and the rock is lower in the tank so I can't pull it close to the front for a pic. I belive he is a clam. It looks like a piece of the rock it is on but it opens just a little it has what appear to be brisles sticking out of the sides and is greenish inside, he also has a hard tube like structure gowing beside him that is about an inch tall, he is about the size and shape of a penny if you set on railroad tracks and he does respond to light, water movement and touch by closing. I have never had clams or any shellfish and have only noticed him in the last month. Any ideas other then post a pic?

Sounds like some sort of univalve or bivalve, clam, oyster etc...They are filterfeeders and if you want it to last for some time, you will need to add phytoplankton to the tank. My clams from my LR lasted about a year or so without supplamental phyto additions.

Back
Top Bottom