DESPERATELY NEED HELP ASAP!!!CHOC CHIP STAR DYING?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EJVK3

Aquarium Advice Newbie

Can anyone help me? I recently set up a quarantine tank and the only thing I have in it is a choc chip star (i also have a 47 gal sw tank and all are fine). but in the 10 gal sw, my choc chip is not so well. The water quality tests ok, but the star's "chips" pretty much all fell off, he was flipping himself over and I have been "righting" him. He doesnt want to eat, I have been giving him fresh scallops and yesterday tried a piece of shrimp. This morning, he looks really bloated but only in his body, the legs look the same, and the tentacles are waving, so I know he is still alive. I have done 2 water changes this week (20% at a time). this has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I am pretty sure he is dying, but am surprised that he has held on for this long. Is there anything at all that can be done? He really isnt even moving too much anymore either. Please help as much as you can, I really appreciate it.

Did you use the water from your 47g in the 10g? If not how did you acclimate the star?

yes, used the existing tank to fill the 10 gal and I forgot to say that the star and tank have been running since mid feb with no issues

Back
Top Bottom