Devils Armor Polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greaver83

Aquarium Advice Freak
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Zoanthus gigantus Does anyone have any experience with these polyps I know next to nothing about corals trying to learn and i am almost done cycling on my 75g and was wanting this to be one of my first corals. what kind of lighting would they need and do they need any kind of special care when should i add them how do i acclimate them any input would be well appreciated

Most zoas are the same. T5 lighting is what I use on the tank with the zoas in it. There is no real problem caring for them. when you clean your glass that is basically what they eat so keeping your glass clean does make a difference. Always dip your corals before adding them because of pests. I usually float the coral in my sump and then I test both waters making sure the ph and sg is the same if not then I drip acclimate them, Then dip them with something like flatworm x and iodine or I found out the coral rx is better since it is more gentle on the coral.

Back
Top Bottom