Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's not the first time LR.com has given awesome service. I know several months ago someone here bought 25lbs, and it arrived on time, but in horrid shape, and they posted here.
Mike had another 25lbs shipped out the next day, no charge, and it arrived in great shape.

I just wish every business out there tried to hold up such high standards.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Both Mike and Zach did an awsome job helping me out. Definatly some of the best service I have ever experenced.

There is a reason why 90% of the people on here recommend Liverocks.com above all others.

and by the way, its spelled liverocks.com with an s at the end. (they should really purchase liverock.com and have that point to their website too. It will save some confusion, and help keep potential competitors from taken advantage of them.)

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Jonathan G.
yea he is good but there are many other ways to ship besides DHL... especially if you have ever seen these punks drive 8O
Old 02-10-2005, 10:06 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
I like Liverocks.com, they shipped me some nice rock. It always seems tho when i order rock from them or tampa bay saltwater. (same rock) I always get a mantis shrimp in the rock. Tampa bay also ships air-air, which is best cause they box it, mail it, and ship it to the airport by you and you pick it up, all in the same day. hands down is the best way to ship rock, or critters for that matter.
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Keep in mind that DHL is new, and cheap...which is one reason they probably went with them as opposed to FedEx.

I for one would not like having to take time off from work to drive 10 miles to the airport to pick up some rock, just to save $10.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAWG
Is the Keys rock the best to order?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Quote:
I for one would not like having to take time off from work to drive 10 miles to the airport to pick up some rock, just to save $10.
well fortunatly for me it's just a few miles from me, and i don't do it to save money, just time. It is faster than overnight, it's same day service, and gets tossed around less because it don't pass thru too many hands.
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Keys rock is very nice, and I have not ordered gulf, but people seem to like both equally, they each have their own unique charateristics.

Check out liverocks.com to see pics.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like my keys rock better than the gulf. The keys is where all my clams and my tube coral came from. My sponge, and the better color as well. As for the critters, unfortunately headed reef, we've gotten rid of all of the red crabs and now my bristle worm so I'm not sure how much else I ended up keeping from the gulf rock!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Keys rock is considered "top-shelf", very colorful and lot of coral and algea life. Gulf rock is known for its hitch hikers. Get the best of both worlds, half of each.

Tags
shipping

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com