DHL messed up my lr.com shipping..........but

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
I took the day off work and was waiting for my liverock........we'll good old DHL screwed up the delivery (some problems in their sorting facility) and now it won't be here until tomorrow. Since I go back to work, it will be sitting outside until 6:00 pm. BUT............

Mike at liverocks.com sooooooooooooooo cool. He completely understood my situation and knows that a quick delivery of the rock is the key to keeping the good stuff alive. He gave me the option to get my $ back or have a reshipment of new rock on the day of my choosing. liverocks.com just showed how much they lookout for their customers.

I still have to get another day off sometime, however in order to receive the shipment, but that is DHL's fault!

Thanks for listening to me vent :onfire:
Jim

That is really cool of that guy. I was thinking of purchasing some rock from there and that story just convinced me. Thanks James. :D

Their service is TOP notch. I wish they had a better shipper though, as I keep hearing stories about DHL messing up deliverys. Talk to Mike if you can (he will likely reply to your email or answer your call) he's great!

Jim

When I ordered from them I worked with Mike as well. He was wonderful to deal with. It is good to finally find a business that remembers what "customer service" is. I had a shipping mishap with DHL as well and I was in the phone with Mike about once an hour until it showed up. He really took care of me.

That is really great, I can't wait. Is the Keys rock the best to order? And thier shipping is next day right?

I had the exact same problem today, DHL hosed my LR.com shipment :(

But as you said, talked with Mike and he's making it right without any fight. So far this has been the best customer service of any online Saltwater tank live/dry sales.

Thanks LR.com!

~DaxMAN

Mike has said that he's had trouble with fedex and ups as well, so who knows. I usually have GREAT luck with fedex and ups, this was my first experience with DHL. He's in a tough spot cause as we all know, the more you NEED to have something shipped in a hurry, the longer it seems to take to receive. Murphy's law i guess.

Anyway, the one positive thing about this is that liverocks.com's customer service is sooo good. Anyone out there considering liverock, give em a call. You can have problems with any shipping company, but they will never help you out, it's on the company you buy from to cover you, and liverocks.com looks out for their customers!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

DHL's planes got snowed in somewhere in Iowa or Ohio at least this is the story i recieved after reaming them out, My last shipment got beat up pretty good and i still had a foul taste in my mouth from it and I let em have it. Anyway I'm on the list with you guys on getting hosed today on the shipment but whatever happens Mike at www.liverocks.com is a world class guy, BEST CUSTOMER service anywhere.

That's not the first time LR.com has given awesome service. I know several months ago someone here bought 25lbs, and it arrived on time, but in horrid shape, and they posted here.
Mike had another 25lbs shipped out the next day, no charge, and it arrived in great shape.

I just wish every business out there tried to hold up such high standards.

Both Mike and Zach did an awsome job helping me out. Definatly some of the best service I have ever experenced.

There is a reason why 90% of the people on here recommend Liverocks.com above all others.

and by the way, its spelled liverocks.com with an s at the end. (they should really purchase liverock.com and have that point to their website too. It will save some confusion, and help keep potential competitors from taken advantage of them.)

yea he is good but there are many other ways to ship besides DHL... especially if you have ever seen these punks drive 8O

I like Liverocks.com, they shipped me some nice rock. It always seems tho when i order rock from them or tampa bay saltwater. (same rock) I always get a mantis shrimp in the rock. Tampa bay also ships air-air, which is best cause they box it, mail it, and ship it to the airport by you and you pick it up, all in the same day. hands down is the best way to ship rock, or critters for that matter.

Keep in mind that DHL is new, and cheap...which is one reason they probably went with them as opposed to FedEx.

I for one would not like having to take time off from work to drive 10 miles to the airport to pick up some rock, just to save $10.

I for one would not like having to take time off from work to drive 10 miles to the airport to pick up some rock, just to save $10.

well fortunatly for me it's just a few miles from me, and i don't do it to save money, just time. It is faster than overnight, it's same day service, and gets tossed around less because it don't pass thru too many hands.

Keys rock is very nice, and I have not ordered gulf, but people seem to like both equally, they each have their own unique charateristics.

Check out liverocks.com to see pics.

I like my keys rock better than the gulf. The keys is where all my clams and my tube coral came from. My sponge, and the better color as well. As for the critters, unfortunately headed reef, we've gotten rid of all of the red crabs and now my bristle worm so I'm not sure how much else I ended up keeping from the gulf rock!

Keys rock is considered "top-shelf", very colorful and lot of coral and algea life. Gulf rock is known for its hitch hikers. Get the best of both worlds, half of each.

Back
Top Bottom