Diadem & Arabian Dottybacks in the same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I have those two dotty's in two dfft tanks.
I pretty much know the answer, but I figured I'd ask the community to find out personal experiences.
The proposed tank is 90g.
Could the two exist together or would it be a countdown to the death (of probably the arabian?)?

Not taking the chance... the arabian is my worm killer in the macro farming tank. Having it there keeps me from rearing any shrimp stock to feed all the rest of the tanks.

(and yes, some days I think I'm insane... the new overflow installed cube from oceanic arrives in a few days... this hobby can be a worse addiction then crack)

I have a royal gramma and a sunrise dottyback in the same tank, and they have been fine for about six months. I was ready to yank the gramma and put him into the nano if they fought.

I think the key is space. I have 100 gallons and tons and tons of LR so they don't even see each other much. The gramma has his space, and the dottyback has his, and they don't mix much. The gramma is 2" and the sunrise is 5".

Diadems are much more aggressive, I have kept these before and like them. I have not seen another fish, except perhaps the purple pseudo that at one inch long could run off a fish 4 times larger than itself. Try putting one in a clear plastic breeder box inside the tank and see if the other tries to attack it. The plastic breeder box will protect the fish and you will have a clue. I used this to introduce my male maroon clown to my large female. The smaller male lived in the box for about a month before she tolerated him enough to let him go into the tank.

Hey, that's a good idea, I'll give it a shot and see what happens!
Thx

Back
Top Bottom