Diamond Goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I ordered a fish, and the shipment got delayed, so they sent me a free fish.....they said it was going to be a goby. I got it today and they goby is totally white...... I'm thinking it's a diamond goby, but every pic I see shows some color on them? I'll try to get a pic, but are diamond gobies all white?

lbannie said:
I ordered a fish, and the shipment got delayed, so they sent me a free fish.....they said it was going to be a goby. I got it today and they goby is totally white...... I'm thinking it's a diamond goby, but every pic I see shows some color on them? I'll try to get a pic, but are diamond gobies all white?

Not sure about the normal color of Diamond Gobies, but it could be so plae because it is stressed.
Congrats on your new fish by the way! :)

hmmm... I'll have to keep checking him out! He looks good, busy sifting sand and digging a hole under my wellso brain!!

So after much staring... I think it is a Sleeper Blue Dot Goby!! I can see a bit of blue under his eyes! Pretty neat fish, I probably wouldn't have picked it myself, but he's interesting to watch!

Sooo, they just sent you a fish without knowing what size tank you have, what inhabitants are already in there, and whether it'll be compaitible or not??? Wow.

Yup, they did ask if I had coral or not (I do) and they only gave me the free fish because I was going to cancel my order because of the delay in shipping. Can't beat $15 shipping though

Well you may or may not end up hating their somewhat irresponsible decision. I had a dragon goby, also a sand sifter, and I ended up returning it because it would sift sand all over my LR and coral.

It may still be a diamond goby. Mine has a little blue under the eyes as well. I was dubious when it first sifted sand all over everything but once it got a nice burrow it really settled in. Now all I have to deal with is a little sand on some mushrooms near the burrow every now and then. As a bonus my sand is always perfectly groomed and pure white!

While my Diamond Goby does a great job of sifting the sand it is always close to the sand bed so no problems from him. The one I have problems with is my Kole Tang. LOL He loves to pick up a mouthful of sand, swim to the top of the tank and then let it go. LOL

Back
Top Bottom