Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

diamond goby causing cloudy water!!

Hello all, new to the site and fairly new to the trade, almost a year now...i recently purchased an orange spotted diamond goby who is litterally destroying my tanks water clarity....after doing some reading ive learned that the water will eventually go back to the way it was once all the sand has been sifted and shaken up....but my question is, during this process that could take days or weeks, will all the sand particles floating around my tank now cause any stress to my fish or corals?...i have a 55g, im running a cascade canister filter pump for mecanical filtration, a koralia 1050 PH, and an octopus HOB protien skimmer, 60 lbs LR, 40 lbs LS and about 10 lbs crushed coral thrown in there...im learning to deal with the suspended sand in the water for now cause i am used to crystal clear water, but any help as to if this will harm any of my live stock will really help....

Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dont think it should. I would just watch the goby with the crushed coral. You don't want him hurting his gills or mouth. You could rinse the filter media more frequently to help get the filtered particles out of the water.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yeah i read that too, i plan to do so this week a couple times as well as the next, untill its pretty much all cleared up, but it is a relief to hear that it shouldnt harm any of my live stock..

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy water, goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com