Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I also had the exact same thing happen with my Diamond Watchman. He dug a hole under one of the rocks and was very shy the first day, but still came out (just didn't stray very far from his new home). The next day I didn't see him - not any sign of him. After going all day without a trace, I thought I should check to see if he jumped. Sure enough, he did and was on the floor in back of the tank stand. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to save him as DurTBear was. As usual, I did my research and saw they were jumpers, but I don't use a cover. So once again I made a mistake when I should have known better (seems like whenever something goes wrong for me in this hobby I should have seen it coming!). Bottom line is check around your tank and make sure he hasn't jumped. If not, he is probably just hiding out (although if you don't see him in a couple of days I would think something has happened to him). If you don't have a good cover, you probably need to get one.

allyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:16 AM   #12
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
IMO I would not go with a glass cover as it will cause poor gas exchange and lower your PH. I would use egg crate instead. You can get it at most hardware stores.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
my yellowhead sleeper gobies sift all day nonstop

my friends diamond goby sifts all his sand in his 40g no problem but he also spends a lot of time just sitting. it took his guy almost 10 days before he started sifting

GuOD is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com