Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #91
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I love the drip, it takes longer but is much easier. I just start the drip and go about doing whatever else i need to do.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Holy geeze guys....I went to class today and came back home and DIATOMS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

The only thing I changed was the light. WOW dudes....Diatoms everywhere...I guess I will just have to let them do their thing untill they die....At least its not HA or something....

From what I understand, the diatoms with come and stay for a month or so and then start dieing off correct...and the process goes quicker if I leave it along and don't clean them off...is this correct?

I mean it's bad...

Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #93
Aquarium Advice Freak

What does your janitors list consist of?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Well all I really have right now is a pair of bumble bee snails, 5 hermits, and a sally lightfoot crab.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Regular

LOVE MY SALLYLIGHTFOOT !!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh yeah he is a character to say the least. I love it when he jumps from rock to rock...Also he just moves around eating all day. Pretty awesome.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
here is a pic of the new Naso Tang or Lipstick Tang
Sorry dude, very poor choice for your tank. This fish, and tangs in general, require a much larger tank.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=357
What happened to the clown? I would be very hesitant to add anything else until you figure that out. I can appreciate your enthusiasm but please slow down and research your fish BEFORE you add them. Impulse buys at the pet store are one of the biggest temptations in this hobby. Develope a stocking list before hand and stick to it.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry...one more thing...are those white spots on the fish or the glass?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando
Quote:
here is a pic of the new Naso Tang or Lipstick Tang
Sorry dude, very poor choice for your tank. This fish, and tangs in general, require a much larger tank.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=357
What happened to the clown? I would be very hesitant to add anything else until you figure that out. I can appreciate your enthusiasm but please slow down and research your fish BEFORE you add them. Impulse buys at the pet store are one of the biggest temptations in this hobby. Develope a stocking list before hand and stick to it.
I wish people would keep to themselves when it comes to this. Or at least ask more questions before coming to a conclusion about somebody across the country or world who you don't even know.

Oh look here, I just happen to be setting up a 125 gallon www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=87755

Plus what would you rather have happen? Me buy the tang and give it as best a home as I can provide, or either it sits in the tank at the crappy lfs and dies, or somebody who has absolutely no idea what they are doing buys it and it dies. Hmm....welll...let me see...

I figure it's 3 inches long right now, and he will be fine in this tank for several months before he goes into a much larger tank.

No those are not ick spots. I took that picture when he was sleeping. The lights were off and when they sleep, like most fish, they alter their colors a bit. This one happens to have spots when it's sleeping. If it does develope ick, it's going to get dipped.

As for my Clown...Arron got sucked up into one of my powerheads...poor dude... I was out of town that day and when I got home I couldn't find him anywhere....I checked behind the tank and on the ground...then checked inside the powerheads and there he was...He lived for a day after...but died in the night. That was a really bad day for me...
Old 10-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #100
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Perhaps you can provide more info about your plans when you post about fish you are putting in a tank, that you know is way too small, and prevent this from happening. Lando was just trying to look out for you and the fish, so I don't see a reason to get an attitude about it.

By the way, I like your rockscaping.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com