Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It is looking good. I just added LR to my little 5 gallon.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #82
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Looks like some great LR and aquascaping!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
I really love how everything is set up. My only problem is my sand gets blown around by all the current I have and it ends up settling on the rock. Everyonce in a while I have to pick up the rocks, turn them upside down so the sand falls off of them, then put them back.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #84
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerman
I really love how everything is set up. My only problem is my sand gets blown around by all the current I have and it ends up settling on the rock. Everyonce in a while I have to pick up the rocks, turn them upside down so the sand falls off of them, then put them back.
Just point the phs up a little and that should help.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
Aight I moved them a bit, we will see how that goes.

I just noticed that on the hoses going to and from my sump, where the light down there hits them 24/7 I've got tons of green and purple coraline algea growing in conjunction with the diatoms. Looks pretty cool. Can't wait till the diatoms die and the coraline takes over completely.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #86
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well I got my 175 W metal Halide and installed it. That thing is sooo sick....It's rediculous how much brighter it is. I'll get a pic up of it tomorrow because right now they are off.

I also built a new sump for it and installed that. It's a much better design that my other one and really utilizes all the space available in my stand. I was able to put my skimmer down there and shove a lot of live rock rubble down there. I really need a lot more...but it'shard to find LR rubble around here. My local supplier has it for 99 cents a lb but she is out...I need about 20 lbs of it of more....I'll need about 50 lbs of it for my 125 and the 55 gallon sump I built for it.

Does anybody know anything about a diamond goby? I want to add one to aid in sand sifting. My sand has a lot of waste on it/in it.

EDIT!!!!!

Okay check it out, here are the pics with the old light...which was a 40 W 10,000 K

Here is a pic with the new light. It's a 175 W retro fit metal halide 14,000k. Everything is much happier...but I'm getting some more diatom growth. Although the purple and green coraline is taking off also.

Can you tell the difference? lol
Old 10-12-2006, 03:15 AM   #87
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Okay so I started getting coraline growth. The rocks that do have it have very defined spots where the coraline is growing. I'm also getting a lot of green and purple growth on rocks that didn't have any...or rocks that had dead coraline. So I'm pretty happy about that.

I got a new fish for it today since my clown passed...I also made some grates for the power heads so that wouldn't happen again...poor dude...

here is a pic of the new Naso Tang or Lipstick Tang.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #88
Aquarium Advice Regular

are you just "bag floating" for acclamation ???
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #89
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No bag floating only takes care of temperature. I slowly add more and more tank water to acclimate to the different SG of my tank.

My clown died from being sucked up into a powerhead. Not from being poorly acclimated or poor water quality...If that's what your wondering...I made some grates for them so nothing could get in there again.

Anyway, here is a link on how to correctly acclimate your fish. Although pretty much everybody does it different, as we all have our own ways of doing things.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articl...q=2&fldAuto=18

BTW that is a bad picture of the Tang. He was sleeping when I took that. lol...
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #90
Aquarium Advice Regular

i always drip acclimate fish !!!!

p.s. very sorry to hear about ARRON .

keep up the good work , looks awsome !!!!

oldfishear - out !!!

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com