Diatoms and bubble algea question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arminkropp

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is in the middle of cycling and I have diatoms everywhere. Just wondering how long it should roughly take for them to burn out.
Also I have I spot of bubble algea on my LR. Should I just leave it or should I remove it? It's staying the same size over the past 2 weeks. If I need to remove it, whats the best way.

Thanx

The algea bloom will go away almost as quickley as it came. Just needs to burn up the nutrients. Give it a few days. Take the LR out of the tank and use a tweezers to grab the bubble algea by the bas and pop it off. Do not break them or try to remove them in the tank. They can spread.

Well I took the LR out that the bubble algea was on. I used a flat screwdriver and hammer and chipped off the chunk of LR it was on.
I'm glad I did it that way. Upon inspection of the chunk I saw about 5-10 more spots bubble algea. I'm pretty sure I got it all though. It was confined to the center of the rock I broke off. I think the chunk was about 1.5-2 cm squared, so not a big chunk.

Thanks for the help Lando.

Back
Top Bottom