Diatoms gone, new problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok, the brown algae/diatoms are gone, but now I have small 1/4 inch hair algae strands stuck to the glass all around and the tank.

Any ideas, solutions, advice etc? Tank is a little over a month old, nothing has been changed in a month except that a hermit killed an astrea snail for his shell two days ago

The Ricordia and Yellow Clown Goby are doing fine, the Ricordia is growing and showing beautiful color. My random mushroom in the tank is doing fine as well and growing, about doubled in size already

Jarred Darque said:
...nothing has been changed in a month except that a hermit killed an astrea snail for his shell two days ago

How many snails do you have and what size tank. I remember your previous post, but don't remember your tank size. (Hint: put this stuff in your "My Info" area!) Sounds like the stages my tank went through, but all the little hair algae disappeared once the snails went to town.

Are you sure it is not cyano? If it is hair algea, I would adjust your phs, for more movement, to those areas. Also, feed every other day and reduce the lighting cycle, and PWCs.

Back
Top Bottom