Did I get a Bunk Blue Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I have had my baby blue tang for a little over 2 weeks now and all its been doing in hanging out in the corner most of the time.. It only comes out to eat.. Now I know for a fact that tangs like to swim.. Whats wrong with my poor lil guy... I Am quite worried as he finally made it thru the Ich and I thought it was to do with that but its not..

Please Help,
James

BTW here is a pic.. He is laying down on its side.. He has been like this most of the time... Now either I have a extremely Lazy Tang or somethin has got to be wrong..

James

Could be stressed or a latent reaction to the previous treatment however unlikely. Are any other fish harassing the regal? They are pretty skiddish at the best of times and it does not take much to set them off. Water specs are all good?

I am also wondering if this behavour is all day or only certain times of the day?

Cheers
Steve

Ok I have been doing a bit of spying on him and it seems as though he swims Frequently while I am not in the room.. The tang is the only thing in the tank.. All water Levels are great.. I moved him for the 10gal QT to a 29gal that Had my mantis in it which I recently got rid of.. The tang is eating great.. at night the tang moves to the top and is now sleepin on top of the heater... The Ich seems to be gone and I have not seen him scratch at all within the last 2 days... The other Blue tangs that I have seen at the LFS around here seem to be more active... This one just seems like it might have really been tramatized during the capture... Any other ideas as to how I can Help this poor guy out.. He has 2 weeks left of QT and then he goes into the Display... If he is still acting the same way should I keep him in the QT for longer???

TIA,
James

To be honest it just sounds like the tang is spooked from all the changes. As I said, Regals are very skiddish and it seems to me that once things settle down so will the tang.

Keep in mind as well the tang is still quite new to you and fish will often take time to adjust. Considering it swims normally until you become noticable, I'd say it will eventually be fine.

Cheers
Steve

@9 gallon is pretty small for that fish. You know that they get bigger. Tangs need alot of swimming room. He might just be unhappy.

brndfrb said:
@9 gallon is pretty small for that fish. You know that they get bigger. Tangs need alot of swimming room. He might just be unhappy.

I am Very Away of this... The 29gal is a QT tank which is plenty enough room.. I have resolved the issue now..

Thx,
James

Back
Top Bottom