DID YOU CHOOSE REEF, FOWLR, OR FO? Please tell me about your setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just started a 75g reef 3 weeks ago

Attachments

• image-677704571.jpg
    image-677704571.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image-710877472.jpg
    image-710877472.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 79
Thanks. Found that piece in the back of the tank in my LFS. Not sure he knew that it fell down there. The one that is moving off of the rock piece has developed a 2nd mouth, so I hope it splits soon.
The start is a Sand Sifter. I see him maybe every other day, going up to the top for a second then back down and bury in the sand bed.

Cool. I'm just I like it when my corals develop new heads! I love and I will have to get a sand sifting star. I have could I have 2 in a 55 gallon tank?

S3Reefer said:
Cool. I'm just I like it when my corals develop new heads! I love and I will have to get a sand sifting star. I have could I have 2 in a 55 gallon tank?

Sand shifting stars need a deep sand bed and very well established tank. Most starve to death. I'd steer clear of them... IMO.

Oh okay... I'll take your work for it. I :D, my tank is only 8months in and I have 2 inches of sand.... So yeah. thank for your knowledge! Does your Tang eat Nori? Mine won't even look at Nori. :3

Yeah but I'm too lazy though. - mrc

I'm just starting at publix next Monday... So I should be able to earn some coral money while saving a better portion of it.. (my first job)

It's funny because publix was the first place I put in an application. ;D

Last edited:
Agree on the starfish. just be careful.
My sanded is 4-5inches deep and tank had previously been running for 4 years before I obtained it. I've heard the same thing, some starve. When I see him out, I drop a pellet or two in front of him and he eats them right up.

I chose FOWLR AND reef. :) love corals, but set up the FOWLR to get the dwarf angel out of the reef-he was eating all my corals. :( Now the angel is in the FOWLR and happy, and I'm happy that he's away from my corals. :)

image-1225202570.jpg

image-1418025772.jpg

image-3946186251.jpg

I have a Kessil LED in ocean blue but the back is painted really blue color too. And the iPhone pics always come out a little blue-er than actuality. It's blue in real life, but not quite that blue. :)

Ahh.. You have a blue special going on with all of your equipment! Haha. It looks awesome either way. nice job! I have a tournament in like a couple hours. so I have to get ready. :3

S3Reefer said:
Ahh.. You have a blue special going on with all of your equipment! Haha. It looks awesome either way. nice job! I have a tournament in like a couple hours. so I have to get ready. :3

Well thanks!! Just saw you're in SC- my mom live in Anderson. Good luck at our tournament!!

Back
Top Bottom