diet of sixline wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm considering a six line wrasse. In my reading I've found that they're known for eating certain nasties. Would this fish also be a threat to my cleaning crew? For example, I see that they eat certain parasitic snails... I'm not sure of the size limitations on their prey. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about them eating any cleanup crew. Whatever "parasitic" snails there are would have to be really, really small.

Would not worry about clean up crew. eats small items. Mine eats flakes as well as what ever it finds.

It will not bother your clean-up crew. It will eat small bristles or isopods if you have them. This is a very hardy aquarium fish and will accept a wide variety of prepared foods.

I bought a small six line wrasse. It readily eats flakes from between my fingers. It will also eat so many brine shrimp that it looks like he is going to explode. My daughter thought the little wrasse was pregnant.

Feeding should be no problem.

Mine was eating the first day. It readily takes flakes, mysis shrimp and since having him I haven't spotted any bristle worms. I was surprised by the physical size of the mysis he'd eat also. It's difficult to see how he sucks it in but he does and plenty of them.

They are definitely good for eating worms and pods but I have also seen them eat regular prepared foods.

Back
Top Bottom