Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Different Idea to Feeding Fish

I have a lion fish that is plenty stubborn about eating just floating dead shrimp. he wont take a shrimp as it sinks and hits the floor. so i started doing this to get him to eat dead shrimp instead of going off to buy feeder fish and all that mess...

i take the small piece of shrimp and thread it on a needle & thread. thread it all the way so only then tip of the thread is in the shrimp. so with any force the shrimp slides right off the end of the thread. with this set up i carfully place it in the tank so not to lose my bait and just go fishing.

its rather fun to go fishing and watch the lionfish hunt the food. usually only 4 seconds of play is all i get before he is chompin down on it. this works for me and saves me a LOT of money vs live feeder fish. hope this works for any of yall who attempt this.

chatfouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome to AA. I dont mess with lions but thanks for the advise. Feel free to ask all the questios you need

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
hehe that sounds like fun lol. personally, I think my tank is too small for lions but im not sure, and either way, im to afraid of it to get one. though one would be really really cool lol.
kylebacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
i was told to thread a piece of dental floss through the tail of the shrimp and when the lion grabs it the floss will rip out of the tail.
i have crabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com