Different Idea to Feeding Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chatfouz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a lion fish that is plenty stubborn about eating just floating dead shrimp. he wont take a shrimp as it sinks and hits the floor. so i started doing this to get him to eat dead shrimp instead of going off to buy feeder fish and all that mess...

i take the small piece of shrimp and thread it on a needle & thread. thread it all the way so only then tip of the thread is in the shrimp. so with any force the shrimp slides right off the end of the thread. with this set up i carfully place it in the tank so not to lose my bait and just go fishing.

its rather fun to go fishing and watch the lionfish hunt the food. usually only 4 seconds of play is all i get before he is chompin down on it. this works for me and saves me a LOT of money vs live feeder fish. hope this works for any of yall who attempt this.

Welcome to AA. I dont mess with lions but thanks for the advise. Feel free to ask all the questios you need

hehe that sounds like fun lol. personally, I think my tank is too small for lions but im not sure, and either way, im to afraid of it to get one. though one would be really really cool lol.

Back
Top Bottom