digital hydrometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok does anyone have the DIGI-LAB digital hydrometer for testing temp.,salinity, and specific gravity? it is a handheld grey unit with 2 lil gold sensors at the tip does anyone have one of these and do you like them ?

Sorry, I do not. I use a $9 digital thermometer in my tank so I can see the water temp at all times (unlike your TSS meter), and a $40 refractometer for measuring SG/salinity.
I suspect their combined price is cheaper than the Digi-lab.

Ok I couldn't help myself and looked it up. The site I found it on, which is a reputable site that's always been cheaper than retail...lists it at $149.99!

8O

Do yourself a favor and buy a refractometer, and a coralife submersible thermomter. Save that $100 for a rainy day.

The coralife thermometers I buy locally for $10.99, but in helping another member (who PM'd me) find these, I saw Big Al's has em for like $6.99, plus shipping.

Drsfostersmith.com happens to have a sale on their Drs. Choice refractometer, which sure looks almost identical to my Premium Blue refractometer (that's the only name I know it by). They have it for $42.99. No build in light, but I've yet to have problems reading mine off a 40watt incandescent. Sometimes I use the lights off my 75gallon...makes for a nice sharp line on the scale.

In fact, I was telling my wife about this thread over lunch, and it dawned on me, that the electronic TSS meter could lose its calibration, and probably involves a fair amount of work, or sending it back to the manufacturer, to re-calibrate.
To re-calibrate your refractometer, you need 3 drops of ordinary distilled water.

Back
Top Bottom