Digital thermomater ok or the stick on the side one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CircleOfLinks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Just wondering which ones your would recommend. I did purchase a digital thermometer from eBay and placed it in my tank, but about 2 weeks later I noticed the end of the wire (the metal bit) is started to rust and I'm assuming that can't be good for anything in the tank. I've removed it now and just worried that my happen again with a digital one, are the ones that stick on the side of the glass good??

Thanks

Danny

CircleOfLinks said:
Floating glass thermometer ? I'll check it out now

Thanks heaps

Floating is best IMO because you can pull it to check PWC before adding it, or in the case of my Moors it's their favorite toy (besides uprooting my plants being their favorite game :)).

I think you just purchased a bad thermometer. I've used all 3: stick on glass, floating, and digital. Basing the other two on the floating thermometer (since they're apparently the most accurate): my stick on one sucked, and my digital was spot on. I've heard digital thermometer don't work well, but mine works perfectly. FWIW I've got a Coralife digital thermometer. Basically I'm saying don't discount digital thermometers entirely.

Yeah i thought that i could of bought a dud... I just bought one that has a suction cup and sticks on the inside of glass so its entirely underwater, hopefully thats ok.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciate

Danny

Back
Top Bottom