Dimmer to prevent bleaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joby wan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going from weak to a much stronger LEDs. How low should I set the dimmers to help prevent bleaching?

A lot of it depends what your coming from and what type and wattage of led's, need much more information, thats why none has answered you yet

LAMO. Okay I guess that would help. Going from around a 30w to 165w

LAMO. Okay I guess that would help. Going from around a 30w to 165w

OK, you'll going to make this difficult, 30 watt what? T5's hoT5's, pc ect. and how high off the water, new lighting is it a single 165w led, eighty two 2 watt led's, fifty five 3 watt leds, are they cree led's or an off brand, are they whites, blues, greens, ect., what brand and model of lighting, what is in your tank,

Going from fluval leds( real cheap) toTaoTronics® TT-AL09 165w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed (55*3w, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27

Hopes that helps

Tank has Xenia, zoanthid, birdnest, hammer coral, candy cane

When I switched to Taos I started down @ 25-30% and maybe bumped them up @ 5% every 7-10 days, if something in your tank starts to look a little off just knock them back to the previous setting for a longer period of time, what people underestimate with these lights is their ability to penetrate the water, the tank may look dim at first but trust me there's plenty of light, I switched from a 6 bulb t5ho fixture to the Taos that's why I started at @ 25% if your current lights are weaker you may want to start at an even lower percentage

Back
Top Bottom