Dipping Duncan Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aadair22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some kind of algae growing on my duncan coral and was wondering what dip I could use to get rid of it? I tried pulling it off but it came back within a couple of days.. The second picture is the same type of algae except its growing on a rock, any help identifying what type it is would be appreciated as well! thank you.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 195
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 156
Eh I'm not sure a dip will help if it keeps come back...did it originate from the Duncan or the rock?

Eh I'm not sure a dip will help if it keeps come back...did it originate from the Duncan or the rock?

It came on the frag at first, and it came back quickly because I was not able to get it all off. The stuff on the rock popped up not long after I added the frag. I also have noticed little tufts of hair algae growing in other places.. I have never had algae issues until I added phycopure a couple of times a few weeks ago... I believe that is what has spiked my phosphates and why I am starting to have this.. Needless to say, I am trying to nip this problem in the bud.

I see...well I don't think a dip will hurt. But the coral itself looks pretty healthy. Did you dip it before you introduced it to your tank?

I see...well I don't think a dip will hurt. But the coral itself looks pretty healthy. Did you dip it before you introduced it to your tank?

No I didn't do any dip.. The coral itself is very healthy and doing great.. I just hate looking at the algae between the heads.. I did a peroxide dip with a paly frag to get rid of some hair algae that I wasn't able to pull off and the HA was dead within a day, so I was hoping there was a dip or something similar I could use for this.. I've heard that peroxide dips should only be used for zoas and palys

Back
Top Bottom