Disappearing clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh1158

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it unusual for a new clown fish to hide all day? I got one saturday and I couldnt find him at all today.

Possibilities: down the drain, eaten, or even die and eaten by your cleaning crews. :) hope this help

Can't speak specifically to clowns as I haven't kept a lot of them, but IME it is not uncommon at all for a new fish to remain hidden for a day or even two. The last wrasse I introduced to my aquarium disappeared for a week before he started showing up. That said, it could also have died. It is hard to say what might have happened. Some more information, like how you acclimated, temp, water parameters, etc. might help us make a more educated guess.

Yeah I've had some hide for a few days too but he was swimming around for a day and a half. When I got up monday I couldnt find him and there is still no sign of him. I had a problem with fish disappearing a while ago and I found a evil crab in there. I got him out and I still had the problem. So I started to think it was my engineer bleny. I've noticed his belly after 1 would vanish. I tore everything down and removed him and I thought I would be good. Now I'm thinking there might be another evil crab. I'm going to set traps tonight

I dont think he died because I have 5 chromis, a watchman gobie pistol shrimp pair, and some soft coral in there. If all thoes are fine I dont think it's my water. I acclimated him slowly over 2 hours and I've ben doing this for years so I don't think it's that.

Back
Top Bottom