Disappearing nassarius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Coincidence? This all happened shortly after I introduced a neon dottyback into the tank. I did see the dottyback try to attack the nassarius snail before, but didn't think much of it. Now, they're all missing. Not even a little eye protruding out of the sand. Do dottybacks eat snails?

I assume you have an all sand bottom? Nassarious are great for butying themselves. Have any reappeared?

I do have an all sand bottom. I have seen an empty shell...or two. :(

some will die and the others will eat it... get a piece of shrimp from the store and put a small piece in the tank.. If you have any they will come out looking for the food..I never see mine, but when I feed them shrimp they all come running..

Mine would come plowing up out of the sand bottom when I'd throw flakes in (I guess they like the smell of Aquarian); otherwise, I'd just see the "snorkels" sticking out of the sand.

I forget how many I'm supposed to have because I can't tell the difference between them. At anyone time I've seen 5 out of the sand at once. They used to climb to the top of the tank when I first got them which was confusing since I was told that they like the sand, but they haven't done that in a while. I prefer them in the sand though cuz that means they're doing the job I put them in there to do (stir the sand a bit).

Mine bury's itself too. I almost never see it. I thought mine was dead also, but every now and then he'll pop out to show me he's still alive :p I don't think he's as great as a sand stirrer as I hoped. My old turbos did a better all around job.

Back
Top Bottom