Disaster. Everything is Dead. Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:|

****, Patroklos.

I'm freaked out about even getting into this hobby because of this post.

IIRC, manufacturers can be held liable for destructive defects of their products.

Would be curious to see some pics of before and after if you took any.

I am getting my tank back up and running now, I will post a pick when everything is good to go.

I already went through the mini cycle caused by all the dead matter in the water. Since the incident I have done 100% water changes throughout each week so the effects of the cycle were held in check. I didn't have any further fish casualties. My chemistry is still a little off but no more than anyone periodically experiances.

So far I have replaced my corals with two frogspawns and two hammers. They are not as nice as my old ones but still very colorful, one green and one purple frogspawn and one neon green and one pink tip hammer.

Today I am going to pick up a midas blenny and a talbot damsel from the LFS that I think will round out my fish replacements. I already replaced one of my previous two Talbots with a Red Honey Damsel.

As for the hobby TIJ, don't let this discourage you. The lesson learned here is 1.) don't buy crappy equipment 2.) use two smaller heaters instead of one large heater and 3.) always wake up and check on your tank three times during the night. Well, maybe not there ;)

Back
Top Bottom