DIY Frag Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think you need 800 gph. More like 500 with a 20 long. Better put a ball valve on it.

Awesome. Will take a look and see. Saved that to order last until I heard from someone. :)

I did the frag racks but I think I'm going to change the legs to acrylic rods. I'm not sure.

img_3186487_0_aed87c34dde3a3a3f394158ed07f0d0d.jpg

That might be a good idea. I had an awful time keeping my egg crate legs standing even when zip tied together.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I went with the egg crate I just redid it. I'm going to zip tie it together to hold it and since it fits pretty snugly In the tank I'm hoping they'll stay put.

img_3187624_0_c099701e4d583ff13cecf92db06b821e.jpg

I also got the skimmer, sump, return pump, circulation pumps and plumbing equipment. Next is to do the sump baffles and once the bulkheads come in (believe it or not I couldn't find any locally) drill the tank and plumb it.

Debating on ordering a dosing pump until I notice a decline. Think I'll start filling it up with sps, softies, zoas, etc., anyway first.

Then I have to order 2x 165W dimmable led's.

And that's it I believe equipment wise. :)

I would alter those frag racks so you can utilize the space under them as well. You might want something in there that's much lower light and a perfect place to put them would be under the racks. There's really not much difference in light intensity an inch or two lower than the upper corals.

I would alter those frag racks so you can utilize the space under them as well. You might want something in there that's much lower light and a perfect place to put them would be under the racks. There's really not much difference in light intensity an inch or two lower than the upper corals.

Hmm maybe I'll just line the bottom with another sheet of egg crate then.

I also finished the sump baffles today. My first time doing it so not bad I don't think. The return chamber we went a little small on because the return pump I think is the only thing that needs to fit in there and it fits nicely. Little thick in terms of silicone but I'm pretty sure that won't hurt anything lol.

img_3194271_0_6534d25b43a19aaa32a4f4619fee489b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom