Diy leds rapid led question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im thinking about buying a led kit from rapid led the solderless kind. I was wondering if u can control 2 different leds on one dimmable driver. For instance 6 cw and 6 rb leds on the same dimmable driver to control them at the same time equally. also if I can the kit I want iant dimmable but comes with a driver can I add one of those dim switches to the driver and it work? Thanks

I think you should probably ask rapidLED on this one because its super technical

I wrote them. But I have another question. If I but the parts seperate and put it on something else (i really want to build one to see how it goes). Could I get rb and cw leds on the same driver like 4 cw and 5 rb?

Or maybe I could do one certain led light that streches across my tank that will make my red and orange coral pop. I heard ww leds will help. I have rb cw leds now so I guess theres no since of using those colors. Also what color will the uv led bring out better.

Read the LED university page on rapidled to better understand what you can do on a dimmable driver. People usually put rb on one dimmable channel and cw on the other dimmable channel.

One more suggestion, instead of only going RB and CW, I would suggest instead going full CW, get half NW or at least add maybe few red and violet to balance your color

Back
Top Bottom