dmolavi's 40 breeder update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Long time since my last post about my tank, but here's an up to date picture of the tank, still going strong. Corals and fish are all thriving.

63298-albums14261-picture70906.jpg

Unfortunately, had to trim the kenya tree and toss a large portion, but it's doubled in size in two weeks, so pruning will happen again soon. My branching frogspawn has been fragged and will either need to be sold, tossed, or donated to my local public aquarium.

I suppose having the corals grow too much is a good thing :)

I remember when all it was nothing but rock , frag the kenya up see if you can get some credit for something you want , I had a kenya in my first tank never saw one grow like that wow.

Thanks :) It's definitely come a long way since November 2015 when I moved from the 20 to the 40. I still do weekly PWCs, test as needed, and clean as much as I can. About 1hr maintenance/week on top of feeding, etc.

My LFS is willing to take some of the frogspawn for credit. They have more than enough kenya. I even went to my local public aquarium and offered to donate the kenya before I pruned it. Their chief biologist got back to me, saying it was an amazing specimen, but they already have too much of it themselves :)

Here's a pre-pruning pic of the kenya. For scale, the flower 'nem behind it is about 3 inches wide in that photo...

63298-albums14261-picture70908.jpg

I ordered a branching frog spawn but I got a wall instead , I so wanted the branching as I wanted to spread the wealth around the tank , I did get a killer branching purple tip hammer colony , but I don't got the heart to frag it looks to nice as it is , also got a flame orange hammer frag can't wait for that to take off , never seen a hammer so orange ,
shoot me a pm Id be interested in the frog spawn maybe a stalk of kenya for the dark spot in my tank , once you decide to frag

Ugh... dude.. offer still stands. Send me the tank, I'll pay shipping. This is noob I know. What's behind the first starfish pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha...Thanks :)

Behind the star is a plating monti. It is a little rough now because of where it was before (choked out by the kenya tree, pre-pruning), but is making a good recovery.

EDIT: Behind the first pic...a duncan colony.

The fromia is doing awesome in the tank, and I was able to take all the frogspawn frags (except one) to my LFS for store credit...and picked up a nice 3 inch tiger striped derasa clam :)

Here's a full tank shot from today. About 20 heads of frogspawn went to the LFS in exchange for store credit..1491155207037.jpg

Here's the tank today. Unfortunately, the fromia proved too good a feeder, ate everything he could, then died. But everything else is going great, and the clam has almost an inch of new shell.20170608_172758.jpg

Thanks :) I use RedSea Coral Pro. My LFS has it on sale a few times a year so I stock up.

Back
Top Bottom