Do clowns eat amphipods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a clown for over a week now.....he won't eat anything. I have tried pellets,flakes, brine shrimp......There are lots of amphipods type creatures inside the tank...do clowns eat them and could the clown survive on them.....I have tried everything....I just can't tell what the problem is.....

Its my opinon that the clown will eat them. Will it survive on a diet of only pods. Not sure. Dont be alarmed with the clown not eating right away. It may take a little while for it to get comfortable with the tank. When you feed step away from the tank and see if the clown will eat that way.

well as I loaded up my tank with a batch of mysid and amphipods. I dont have clowns but nearly everything in my tank has taken well to htem allowing meto feed sparingly.In particular the citron goby (little ytellow man) rarely if at all eats feed foods prefering to hunt all day.The firefire and chromis are less active this way ,but I hagve seen both of them eating them so?

Back
Top Bottom