Do Fish Sleep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
When the lights go out some of my fish hide, some hang out near the rock and swim around every so often. But my 2 clowns swim/float on there sides near the surfice of the water in the back of the tank. now the clowns only do this at night so I was wondering if it is some type of sleep they are in.

My clown literally goes to "bed" in his anemone, he lays on his side totally still....
I wonder if he snores..... :wink:

These aren't SW fish, but my green spotted puffer will lay on the bottom in a ball and cover his eyes with his tail. It's hilarous.

My columbian shark never stops swimming. So if she does sleep she must do it while she moves. ;)

-brent

All my fish seem to sleep except my Heni's. I can sneak up to the tank at 4:00am and they are doing their laps around the tank.

I have never seen my moorish idol sleep. He does however, change to a dark drab color when the lights go out. It is normal though. :wink:

My clarkiis lay flat on the sand, but the my oscellaris clown just swim on the mag float. Im sure they sleep, mabye they shut half their brain down at a time... I really have no idea.

Whe the lights go off...
My clownfish lies & snuggles on the anemone...
Hippo tang & damsels rest in their respective caves...
Corals retracts their polyps & tentacles...
I snuggle & snore in my bed...
zzz... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom